Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I AM BACK!!! SILK DYED WITH ARBUTUS /MADRONA BARK FOR 2 YEARS!!!

I haven't been posting or doing much in my studio while I recovered from a car accident thaCt was 2 years ago.  My headaches were severe enough that I was unable to hold my head in a position that wouldn't provoke a nasty migraine.  But with consider work & expertise from my physio & rehab trainer I am back!  

Two years ago I stuff silk charmeuse & chiffon into a big pickle jar with Arbutus/Madrona bark & just recovered them yesterday.  I washed & dried them yesterday & ironed them today.  They came out this amazing taupe colour whereas the 1 year old dyed chiffon came out a camel/honey colour.  Because the former is much darker you cannot see the various shading in a picture.  Well it could be the photographer too.  I am using my IPad because its so much easier but of course not as accurate as my precious Nikon.  Oh well here they are.  I will post the 1 year dyed silk tomorrow.  The first is the Charmeuse the last three are a piece of clothing (pants) & top that I bought at a second hang store .  It was a light beige & I didn't treat it or anything(I'm bad)
Silk Charmeuse RTD 

Silk commercial clothing not RTD at all!

same clothing but look at the seam it is interesting also!

I like that the buttons dyed as well! Not sure what the heck I am going to do with this yet!!!
TOMORROW I WILL POST THE ONE YEAR SILK DYED CHIFFON. STAY TUNED

No comments: